Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Can't See What I'm Stepping On

What an adventure!!! I was supposed to meet up a bunch of friends for Mandy Lee's birthday dinner at south side of Lamma Island at 18:30. When I get to the pier at 18:00, realizing the next ferry leaves at 18:45. I can't wait that long. I didn't know what to do, I just hopped on the ferry that goes to the North side of Lamma Island and figure out a way later to get to the south side. When I hopped on the ferry and called Mandy. She told me that there is only one way: Hike. It takes 45 min. I was like it should be ok. I get to hike and do some exercing and plus I've walking like half of that path before. So I started walking and enjoying some Lamma Island culture. As I was walking further into the Island and suddenly realizing it's getting dark and should have got a torch(flash light). Well it wasn't that bad; I can still see the path. After I past the beach and start walking up into the mountain, it was getting little bit scary. It wasn't really dark yet, but that tone of the surrounding it's just give me little chill. You know that sky tone right after sunset. Anyway, I kept walking fastly (just want to get there). When I get to this part with more trees covering the path..man it was dark!!!! It was good it wasnt that long. So i kept hiking and still manage to see the path. It was actually a good walk smelling the nature and looking at the sea view. I only bumped into two people on the path.

The scariest part finally arrive. I had to walk thru another forest again. By this time, it's dark out there. I can barely see my feet, my hands and the path. I think my eyes had adjust to the darkness already, so that;s why I can still see some thing, but it's actually pretty dark. All the objects in front of me is like a black blob. There is bench that looks like some one standing there. There was this huge white garbage bag that looks like some one dressed in white. When I past by it, i heard noises(I think there is actually person there, u know I.I. from China). I didn't know what I will be stepping on(dog poo, snail, insect and dead animal; i was wearing flip-flops). At that point I was praying, singing worship songs and asking God for protection. There could be like animals jumping out from the forest. I was so close calling them to tell someone to pick me up. This last like about 10 min. Finally, I get to see some light as I get near my destination. However, there are still some part that is still complete darkness. by this time, I'm so tired but still in this jogging mode. Finally, I got there at the seafood restaurant and enjoy some great time.

Was it worth it? Yeah!! Beside the seafood and great time with my friends, the adventure was so meaningful. I never walked alone in dark, by myself without a torch. At least, in Blair Witch Project, the three people had flash lights. Thank the Lord for His protection, guidance and strength. To be honest, I was really freaked out at that part when I wasnt sure what I was seeing. One good part was the whole path was paved.

So remember, wait for the next ferry.

8 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

"At that point I was praying, singing worship songs and asking God for protection. There could be like animals jumping out from the forest."


hahah.. i love it..

7:51 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Ma said...

You crack me up!!!!!!! I actually laughed out loud :P

11:55 AM  
Blogger Suki Tse said...

Wah! Joe Joe!! you scared me! but really good experience!You are so brave! I think I will cry if I were you!

8:59 PM  
Blogger crif said...

that was pretty funny j.chow!!!! but u are wild n crajee indeed!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.....I am glad that you made it. When I said make sure you get the YSW ferry, I meant it! well, all the girls were worried (while stuffing our faces) so you did get some attention of the night and stole my show=)

12:23 AM  
Blogger tompo said...

I laughed out loud too. Dude, you rock.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahhahhahahahhahhahahahhahahhahah man i love you!!! i dont believe that you aint with me in the UK cracking every body! ohhhh how i love the way you explain things Gor Gor!!!

you keep updating laai need to hear all and everything that goes on in your life!!!!! :) haha I.I mannn freakyyyyyy

you take care and email you pooooooooooo :)

Loves

7:21 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

ummm... update dude.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home