Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Car, a Destination and a Mountain

There is a destination that I always wanted to go to. This place is not easy to get to. I had tried in the past years to get there. I thought I have the right directions or the right transportation to get there. So many times God told me that you are not ready to go there yet, but I didn't listen. I tried to get there with the fastest way. Took the fastest cars to get there but got in few accidents. I was so scared of accidents that I didn't want to go there anymore and just stayed home.

Recently, God told me that "Joe, you can start your journey to there, but it's going to take a while". When I heard this, I was full with joy because this is like the first time ever that God told me to start this journey.

"If you want to get there, you really really have to listen to my instruction,' God said.
"Sure, Lord, I will," joyfully I replied.
"I'm giving you this car to go. This car is ugly but the safest car out there. I will not give you the complete directions. You will need to stop at the certain gas stations to get new directions and petro in order to go on. The most important thing to remember its that you can't drive above 50km/h. Yes, Joe, it's so slow but you will get there, I promise. People will honk at you or tell you to go faster or yourself might want to go faster. Ignor all that, just drive under 50km/h. There will be some bumps, hills, several winding turns, but it's ok, as long as you drive slow and it will be ok. You will get there, I promised. Don't use no GPS system, this car will block all the signal. Accomodation and food are no problems. I prepared all that for you already. Rooms are booked and reservation are made. You will get there, I promised. Now go and remember, drive under 50." God said.

Wow, so much instructions. Can I handle all these? Ok the instruction was pretty simple, drive slow and stop at gas station whenever I need to.

So I started driving. Seriously, the journey was so smooth. Stopping at the gas station really helps me to recollect some snack for the travel and petro for my car. Oh, I feel so much joy whenever I get the instruction envelopes. Another few km closer. Driving slow was good. You get to see a better view and more time to enjoy the journey. Over all the road are not that bad except some crazy winding roads and rocky roads up and down hills. However, I drove slow, it was ok.

After a few days, I had the curiousity to drive above 50km/h. It's not that I'm impatient, but 1 or 2 km above makes no harm. I tried. Wooo, it felt pretty good. However, I had to slow down immediately. I really don't want the same old accident to happen. That 2 km/h over was in my mind the whole time. At the same time , God didn't really told me to slow down or tell me to stop. So as the journey kept on going, I tried little bit faster and faster. I really wanted to slow down at times, but the speed was too fun. Well, I still goes to the pit and get my instructions. However, as soon as I get the instructions, i fastly read them and just trying to get to the next gas station.
Faster, faster, faster. 59km/h!!

"JOE!!! What are you doing." I slammed on my break and stopped. "God!!?" I cried out.
" I didn't stop you because I thought you will slow down and go back to 50 km/h. I didn't want to stop you because you are really enjoying the journey. But I have to stop you because I LOVE you,"God said.
" Why did you stop me i want to get THERE!!!," yelling back at God but in my heart I know that I screw myself over again.
"Hey, I tell you the truth. You don't drive all over the place anymore. That' s good. You improved a lot, but you drove too fast!! This car cannot handle more than 60km/h. I don't want the car to suddenly die down and you get into some accident again. Joe why didn't you listen to me. Also, those instructions, you are reading them so fast. You miss out some short cut hints that was in fine print. Joe, you are not ready to drive." God replied.
"What do you mean, don't tell me I have to go back home again or get stuck here", I questioned God with so much anger.
"No, you are not going back home. Right now, you don't get to drive. Get out of the car."
I really didn't want to but learning from experiences, forcing to start the car will just not work.
"Then what, God?," I said
"Look that way."
All I saw was this big huge mountain. I didn't know why I never saw it before. some how it just appeared.
"My son, you need to walk now. Walk to the mountain and climb it. You won't know what's behind it until you climb to the top. This time no other instruction, but just walk toward it. I'm still promising you food and shelter. You will get there, but you just have to walk. OH yeah, there is only one path. It's narrow but it will lead you there. so walk now"

Did I walk immediately? No. I sat on the ground for few hours and think, think and think. Ok, so this is new. Before God always tell me to go home. This time I'm still able to get to the destination. I just have to walk. But those mountains, they are huge. This is sooo hard. After much pondering, I decided I will walk. A second chance from God, why not?!! Now I start.


A Short story by Joseph Chow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JC, you are writing again! =) I still remember your Chapter 1 re: university life. Where did that go? But I'm much more interested in this one. Now go on, climb the mountain and show me the scenery.

BTW, I miss you bro and our comversation. Email me with updates! I have some to share too! F.R.O.G.~

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home